CAFKA is seeking an innovative and community driven individual to join our organization as Development and Outreach Coordinator. Working closely with and reporting to the Director, the Development and Outreach Coordinator plays an integral role in advancing the mission and vision of CAFKA. The incumbent will develop and maintain lasting relationships with community stakeholders, including CAFKA’s members and volunteers; steward fundraising and development in the public and private sector; and lead communications and outreach for the organization with a primary focus on these areas.
Compensation: $45,000 FTE salary + comprehensive benefits and 2 weeks’ vacation. This is a two-year contract to start, with a built-in progression to $50,000 year 2, and the intention to renew should milestones be met.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: October 3, 2022
As Ontario’s oldest public art forum, for 20 years CAFKA has supported a diverse spectrum of local, national and international artists in the presentation/dissemination of ground-breaking, contemporary, interactive and interventionist public artworks in Kitchener-Waterloo (KW) region through biennial programming and special projects. As the only artist-driven visual arts organization in the region and a pillar within KW, CAFKA’s primarily free biennial program in unexpected public spaces expands contemporary art experiences outside gallery environments and positions them as critical and integral parts of community life—accessible to everyone. Through the biennial, lectures, tours, workshops and related special projects, CAFKA develops opportunities for people in the community and beyond to learn about contemporary art, and engage in discourse around issues of public and private space.
CAFKA is currently recruiting a Development and Outreach Coordinator to join our team.
CAFKA is seeking a full-time Development and Outreach Coordinator to join our team. This position will lead community and volunteer relations; coordinate CAFKA’s individual and corporate membership program; conceptualize and deliver dynamic fundraising and development strategies; coordinate communications and outreach relating to these activities and develop lasting relationships in the community with various stakeholders including CAFKA’s members and volunteers. The incumbent will have the opportunity to use their creativity in the development of a variety of development and outreach initiatives in the short and long-term and will play a key communications role leading up to the next biennial in 2023. As an innovative and community driven individual, the incumbent will develop and implement strategies to forge meaningful connections with stakeholders at all levels in the community.
Community and Stakeholder Relations
- Works alongside the Director to fulfill mandate of CAFKA and act as a spokesperson and representative for the organization at all levels of engagement
- Conceptualize, develop and implement strategies and campaigns to forge new connections, and strengthen and rekindle existing community relations at all levels, particularly after the distance created by the pandemic.
- Develop core relationships with community stakeholders including municipal partners, business owners, volunteers, media and regional artists in support of core CAFKA activities
- Coordinate individual and corporate membership program and develop and implement member recruitment strategies and events
- Develop and implement effective volunteer recruitment, retention and coordination plans including general policies and procedures relating to festival volunteers
- Coordinate outreach and recognition events in collaboration with special events committee for volunteers, members, sponsors, etc
Fundraising and Development
- Conceptualize, develop and implement fundraising and development strategies within the community to achieve revenue goals through individual and corporate campaigns, direct asks, membership program, foundations and fundraising events
- Actively research grant, foundation, sponsorship and donor opportunities including possibilities for corporate social responsibility alignment within the community and in-kind initiatives
- Support and implement board and fundraising committee activities, including development of fundraising deck
- Oversee and implement donor and sponsor acknowledgment, associated agreements and coordinate tax receipts in collaboration with staff
- Cultivate and develop relationships within the community as they relate to fundraising, sponsorship and planned giving, community engagement, individual and corporate memberships and volunteers
- Contribute to, collaborate on, and develop donor proposals, grant applications, foundation requests and stewardship reports, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Support and contribute to the identification, cultivation and solicitation of volunteers, members, donors, partners and sponsors
- In collaboration with Director and board develop strategic revenue generation goals and contribute cash flow projections and reporting
Communications and Outreach
- In collaboration with staff and board committees, conceptualize, develop and implement communication strategies, schedules and content that will drive engagement with the organization
- Research, develop and implement campaigns, initiatives and events that inspire meaningful long-term engagement with organization
- Ensure promotional and marketing materials reflect CAFKA’s brand and where applicable, biennial identities
- Monitor organization’s social media and online presence
- Communicate effectively and create opportunities for meaningful and sustained engagement with community and stakeholders
- Plan, execute and research promotional strategies including pricing and budgets
- Coordinate media relations
- Support website migration
Undertakes other related duties as necessary/ required.
- A passion for contemporary art in public spaces. Familiarity with KW regional community an asset
- 3 years progressive experience in fundraising and development, community relations or marketing considered an asset
- Post-secondary degree, certification or equivalent experience in fundraising, development, marketing, non-profit administration considered an asset
- Commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression
- A team player dedicated to building a collegial and collaborative environment as well as continuously building respectful and trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders and community members. A natural ability to exert influence, develop personal and effective working relationships and inspire confidence and trust in donors, leaders, volunteers, members and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in cultivating individual, corporate and foundation support; planned giving; sponsorships; grant writing; and marketing and communication principals
- Excellent written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as public presentation and written communication skills. Detail Oriented.
- Capable of working on multiple projects independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work on a variety of tasks
- Proficient with social media platforms and effective communication strategies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Mac iOS; Adobe Creative Suite, Zoom, Mailchimp and Drupal considered an asset
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle considered an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and CV in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject “[your name] Development and Outreach Coordinator Application” by September 12, 2022. We would prefer to receive applications electronically. Should you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAFKA is committed to anti-racism and anti-oppression. We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our community to apply, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, people of colour, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of equity seeking communities. CAFKA is guided by an anti-racism action plan and engages in an accountability audit annually.